Jim is an experienced litigator with over 40 years of experience. Jim’s litigation practice focuses on insurance coverage, professional liability, personal injury, property damage, business disputes, employment, construction, real estate and other matters. Jim brings substantial experience in civil litigation to his clients, representing individuals and businesses in a wide variety of settings. Early in his career, Jim represented large insurance companies and insurance brokers. This experience, combined with his current role as a counselor to individuals and small companies and his work with public insurance adjusters, provides clients with a well-rounded understanding of the industry and how best to overcome challenges. Over the course of his successful career, Jim has tried countless cases, both jury and jury-waived, as well as before administrative and other tribunals and hearing officers.
- Boston University Law Center, J.D.
- Yale University
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Boston Law Collaborative – Of Counsel
- National Association of Distinguished Neutrals – Panelist
- Case Closed – Mediation and Arbitration Panel Member
- New England Dispute Resolution – Mediation and Arbitration Panel Member
- Community Dispute Settlement Center – President Emeritus and Board of Advisors
- Town of Wayland Zoning Board of Appeals – Member, current Chair