June 9, 2021
Patricia Keane Martin will be conducting a 3-Hour webinar “Medicaid & Healthcare Planning Update 2021” hosted by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE).
This webinar will address the complex world of Medicaid planning as well as the rights associated with nursing home residents.
Some topics will include:
- Overview of Basic Medicaid Eligibility Rules and Application Process
- Overview of Permissible Transfer Rules, Last-minute Techniques to Obtain MassHealth Benefits, and Challenges to those Techniques.
- Review of the Annuity Rules for Married Couples & Single Individuals
- Discussion of MassHealth’s Challenges to Spousal Annuity Beneficiary Designations
- Review of Recent Case Law regarding Medicaid Planning that every Practicioner Should Know.
- Overview of Key Regulations Regarding the Client’s Rights While living in a Skilled Nursing Facility or Nursing Home.